Brett BeelerEmployment Attorney
I am a problem solver. My clients have included nurses, truck drivers, sales people, factory workers, athletes, and more.
All of them solve problems all the time in their work and family life, but recognized that when standing up to their employer for unfair treatment, they needed help from someone trained in the specialized language of the law.
"Brett Beeler really put my mind at ease
I almost tried to handle my workplace issue by myself and I'm very glad I didn’t. I had no idea what to expect going into it. Brett Beeler really put my mind at ease in our initial conversations, and was extremely knowledgeable of the type of situation I had been dealing with. He clearly put a lot of time and effort into my case and I am very grateful I had him in my corner." Read hundreds of positive reviews for Brett and the firm
I am a problem solver. My clients have included nurses, truck drivers, sales people, factory workers, athletes, secretaries, veterans, servers, teachers, gardeners, managers, and mechanics. All of them solve problems all the time in their work and family life, but recognized that when standing up to their employer for unfair treatment, they needed help from someone trained in the specialized language of the law.
I grew up in Texas in Amarillo, Possum Kingdom Lake, and then Round Rock. In high school and college, I flourished in competitive debate. I decided to be a lawyer to help right wrongs for those who need a voice. I went to college and law school in California and then practiced employment law for three years in Los Angeles before coming home to Austin.
In this line of work, you quickly realize how important every client’s job is to their lives. A job isn’t just a livelihood. It’s a source of identity and pride. It provides dignity and, for many, a sense of family. It makes up a part of who we are. When someone lives through workplace discrimination, harassment, retaliation, or wrongful termination, it can be devastating both financially and to someone’s physical health, emotional health, and family and social bonds.
My favorite things about being an Austin employment lawyer are the bonds I develop with my clients and helping them attain justice. For most clients, I am the first lawyer they have ever hired. I admire them for having the courage to stand up and speak out. Each client is important and has a unique story to tell. My goal is to make sure those stories are heard.
Communication is a key to my practice. I don’t just talk, I listen – hearing about concerns, fears, facts and ideas. I constantly share information as we move through the legal process to ensure that my clients know what to expect and know that I am working hard for them.
I love living in a vibrant city. On weekends you will probably find me checking out a new healthy restaurant, enjoying live music, discovering a new craft beer, tubing on the lake, DJing, playing basketball, or doing something competitive but offbeat, like participating in an escape room, scavenger hunt, or zombie 5K. I enjoy traveling and find that the people I meet and things that I learn strengthen my commitment to my clients.
- University Of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) School Of Law, J.D. 2012
- Specialization: Critical Race Studies
- 1st place- 2012 California State Bar Competition, for research paper: “After AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion, Wage and Hour Class Actions for Low Income Workers Appear Alive and Well.”
- California Employment Lawyers Association- Employee Justice Fellowship Award
- Research Assistant, Professor Gerald Lopez
- Los Angeles Public Interest Law Journal
- California Innocence Project, Prisoner Re-Entry Clinic, Homelessness Clinic, Skid Row Housing Clinic
- National Lawyers Guild
- Diversity Action Committee
- University Of Southern California (USC), B.A., Political Science (summa cum laude)
- Dean’s List every semester. Trojan Debate Scholarship. Community Debate Coordinator. Intramural basketball.
- California State University, Fullerton 2005 – 2007
- Dean’s List every semester. Honors Program. 1st place- 2006 California State Debate Championship. 2 time national debate tournament qualifier. Intramural football. Southern California Urban Debate League coach.
- Texas State Bar (2015)
- U.S. District Courts for the Western, Southern, Eastern and Northern Districts of Texas
- State and Federal courts in California