I am passionate about seeking compensation on behalf of my clients for the wages they are owed. That is why, after practicing general employment law for many years, I chose to make wage and overtime claims my primary focus. I have handled more than 2000 wage claims against employers.
Many of my clients live paycheck to paycheck. Being denied the wages they are owed can create a lot of stress and anxiety regarding the bills they have to pay. My goal as a Texas unpaid wages lawyer is always to resolve the dispute and get the money my clients deserve as quickly as possible. If we are unable to settle a claim I have no hesitation to take the case to a jury.
I grew up in a small town in Missouri and am still a loyal St. Louis Cardinals and Kansas City Chiefs fan. I went to law school in Iowa and then moved to the South for better business opportunities and warmer weather. I practiced law in Florida until 2008, when I moved to Austin, Texas.
I have handled employment law cases involving the ADA, ADEA, Title VII, the Equal Pay Act, FLMA, Florida’s Civil Rights Act, FLSA, Florida’s Whistleblower Act and other federal civil rights laws. I have presented lectures on topics and issues involving the FLSA to legal and business organizations.
One of my favorite quotes about a worker’s right to his wages is from Justice Frank Murphy, Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court. In discussing the Fair Labor Standards Act, he observed: “These provisions, like the other portions of the Fair Labor Standards Act, are remedial and humanitarian in purpose. We are not here dealing with mere chattels or articles of trade but with the rights of those who toil, of those who sacrifice a full measure of their freedom and talents to the use and profit of others. Those are the rights that Congress has specially legislated to protect.”
- Truman State University, BA 1985
- University of Iowa College of Law, Juris Doctor 1988
- Associate Manager Editor and contributor to the Iowa Law Review
- State Bar of Texas, 2008
- State Bar of Florida, 1988
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Texas, 2009
- U.S. District Court Southern District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Western District of Texas, 2008
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Florida, 2004
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Florida, 1989
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Texas, 2008