Margo Ross PillischerPartner, Employment Attorney
Margo Ross Pillischer is an employment attorney at Ross • Scalise Employment Lawyers in the downtown Austin office. Margo represents employees in discrimination and retaliation cases, including for wrongful termination and other adverse employment actions in violation of Title VII, the ADEA, the ADA, the PDA, the FMLA, the EPA, and other federal and Texas state statutes. Margo’s practice also includes a significant amount of employment contract disputes and severance negotiations. Being bilingual, Margo works directly with both English- and Spanish-speaking clients.
"I can’t begin to say enough about this law firm.
They were on top of my case from the beginning. I highly recommend them. Margo Pillischer was very helpful and encouraging. I highly recommend them.” – Tammy T."
Margo Ross Pillischer
Margo Ross Pillischer is a Partner at Ross • Scalise Employment Lawyers in the downtown Austin office. Margo is an Employment Attorney who represents employees in discrimination and retaliation cases, including for wrongful termination and other adverse employment actions in violation of Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA), the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Pregnancy Discrimination Act (PDA), the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA), the Equal Pay Act (EPA), and other federal and Texas state statutes. Margo’s practice also includes a significant amount of employment contract disputes and severance negotiations. Being bilingual, Margo works directly with both English- and Spanish-speaking clients.
Margo has always been on the side of the underdog. Beginning her legal career in New York, Margo fought for the rights of indigent defendants as a public defender. She began practicing civil law at a plaintiff’s personal injury law firm in New York City, where she represented clients who were injured by others’ negligence. It was here where Margo cut her teeth in the courtroom, appearing in court at trials, hearings, depositions, and case conferences on a daily basis in NYC and the surrounding boroughs.
In 2020, Margo joined Ross • Scalise Employment Lawyers, bringing her years of experience back to her hometown of Austin, Texas.
Margo earned her bachelor’s degree from Tulane University where she graduated Magna Cum Laude and was the 2009 top graduate in the Department of Spanish. She also served as a White House Intern during her undergraduate years. She earned her J.D. from Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law in New York City, where she served as an Unemployment Action Center Student Advocate, an Innocence Project Student Attorney and was selected to participate in Cardozo’s prestigious Intensive Trial Advocacy Program (ITAP).
Margo is a long-time advocate for workers’ rights and social justice and brings that passion to fight for her clients every day. She is currently licensed with the State Bar of Texas, the State Bar of New York, the State Bar of New Jersey, along with the Western and Eastern District Courts of Texas. She was selected to Super Lawyers Rising Stars in 2021 (New York) and 2023 (Texas). She has tried four cases to jury verdict and reached settlements during trial in three additional cases.
She is a member of the Austin Bar Association, Austin Young Lawyers Association, New York State Trial Lawyers Association, and the Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association. She resides in Austin, Texas with her husband and 3 children.
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law, New York, NY, Doctor of Jurisprudence, 2014
Activities and Honors
- Unemployment Action Center Student Advocate
- The Innocence Project Student Attorney
- Criminal Law Society Board Member
- Tulane University, New Orleans, LA, B.A. Spanish and Political Science, 2009
Activities and Honors
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude
- Top Graduate, Honors Program, Department of Spanish 2009
- State Bar of Texas, 2020
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- State Bar of New York, 2015
- State Bar of New Jersey, 2014
Professional Honors and Awards:
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star Texas – 2023, 2024
- Super Lawyers – Rising Star New York – 2021
- English and Spanish
Organizations and Public Service:
- Austin Bar Association
- Austin Young Lawyers Association
- Austin Bar/ Austin Young Lawyers Leadership Academy (2024)
- Resource Development Committee, Hill Country Conservancy
- Texas Women Lawyers
- Travis County Womens’ Lawyers Association
- New York State Trial Lawyers Association
- Brooklyn Women’s Bar Association